Arts Services Initiative of Western New York (ASI), on behalf of 551 Seneca Street LLC, invites Western New York-based visual artists working in two-dimensional and three-dimensional mediums to submit proposals for an outdoor public art project located at 550 Seneca Street in Buffalo, New York. The mural will appear on the south-facing façade toward Seneca Street.
- Deadline: January 13, 2020; 5 PM
- Submission Guidelines: Proposals must be sent electronically as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “550 Seneca Street Proposal”
- Budget: A commission of up to $9,000 will be available for the chosen artist to create and install their work, with some materials and installation assistance available to complete the project
- Work must refer to the entrance to Larkinville, Hydraulic District, and/or Seneca Street
- Proposals must include:
- A description of the work, including materials and dimensions
- Request for materials to be used during the completion and installation of the mural
- Sketches of the work
- Links to examples of previous work
- Contact information, including phone number, email address, and mailing address
- Final mural must have an expected lifespan of at least ten years unprotected from the elements
- For photographs of the space, a full RFP with images can be found at asiwny.org
- January 13, 2020; 5 PM: Deadline to submit
- February 2020: Selection of artist
- March 2020: Public announcement of selection
- Spring 2020: Mural implementation and planning meetings; completed and installed work (pending weather)
ASI: Where the arts meet business.
Arts Services Initiative (ASI) is a resource hub for the Western New York arts and cultural sector. It empowers the region’s artists and arts organizations with connections to funding, learning opportunities, and community access to the arts.