Hey College Seniors!
Looking for an internship with a progressive media and promotions company with its hands deep in events, apparel, videography, photography, podcasts, blogging, community journalism, sports and more? We need your ideas, your energy, and your expertise.
Social Media Campaign Strategy Intern – Fall 2017
Do you work hard to cultivate your own personal brand on social media? Do your friends look to you on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for outstanding photos, the latest news, trends and ideas?
Rise Collaborative is based here in Buffalo. Its primary mission is use our growing social media network to promote local small businesses, artists, non profits, and advocacy groups, and Buffalo as a whole.
Rise is a fast-paced and fun. Today’s promotional efforts demand posts with an edge to stand out from the crowd of fluff content flooding the internet. We are constantly developing new ways to present content to our audience in order to stay relevant. Small business owners devote an incredible amount of energy to their work. They pay us to show that same level of energy in the social media and event promotion projects we do for them. We’re seeking a talented intern who craves learning new skills and isn’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will have a
seat at our table. Your projects will be paramount for our growth and your ideas will be implemented into our strategy.
Our ideal candidate loves Buffalo, NY. They are someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships, and because so much of what we do is visually appealing first and foremost, we need you to be a great photographer with your smartphone or camera.
Rise is now comprised of four divisions:
Rise Collaborative – Promoting small businesses and non profits through video, photography and events. We also throw events of our own from Halloween to random dance parties through the city. Finally, Rise produces its own apparel multiple times per year. You will learn the communication strategies to promote each of these items with a limited budget, relying more on strong, compelling content.
No Boundaries – a semiannual 10,000 copy print and online publication covering social, economic, gender and racial justice in Western New York. No Boundaries also continues its work throughout the year telling similar stories of people and communities on its blog, via online video, and through our growing podcast, “EXTRA by No Boundaries.”
Rise Sports – Brand new in September 2017 is “The Hurry Up,” a podcast and blog covering the BUffalo Bills, and “By the Sword,” a podcast and blog dedicated to the Buffalo Sabres.
LOUD City Media – is a series dedicated to video that will cover black culture, history, obstacles and successes in Buffalo. Discussing music’s reflection of black culture in America, to asking older and younger generations to speak about drug use, education, family and history, we will mix heavy documentary style with satire to touch on a wide spectrum of issues. Filming begins mid September.
You will learn:
1. How to create a long-term social media plan and marketing calendar.
2. Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
3. How to track social media analytics and report results internally and to our clients.
4. Create compelling content that will be shared by other influencers.
5. Creative feedback and viral loops between our blog page, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
6. How to operate a WordPress site in order to write and code blog posts.
7. How a third party like Rise’s social media efforts can increase brand awareness and subsequently drive sales for a client organization.
8. How a third party like Rise’s social media strategy can be employed to increase attendance at events and create momentum during and after the event for a client’s brand.
What We Require:
1. Background in Marketing, Communication AND/OR in fashion, design, photography, videography
2. Strong communication skills.
3. Established personal social media following.
4. Strong photography skills
5. Writing skills – If you’re creative and full of ideas, let it carry over into compelling writing.
6. Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
7. Creative and Flexible.
8. Familiarity with social networking sites is mandatory.
9. A passion for Buffalo.
10. A passion for all things local including small businesses, artists, and the success of non-profits.
11. 5-10 hours per week spent working on social media and writing, including two in-person meetings per week over coffee or at the Canisius College Library. We want to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication and measurement, a master of using Instagram, Facebook and Twitter strategically, and an understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals.
You will have ample opportunity to network with the businesses and community leaders we deal with daily and other professionals in the marketing and communications field.
Please send a resume, your public social media handles, a writing sample, and a cover letter stating your interest in working with Rise Collaborative to our entire team via
Hey@risecollaborative.com no later than 9/10/2017. Ideal candidates are age 21+ by 10.27.17 in order to be eligible due alcohol being served at Rise’s events.
Our spring 2017 intern received course credit for her work with Rise and is now on staff with The Buffalo Bills. Join us this fall!